Login VSI has released version 3.7 of its vendor independent Login Virtual Session Indexer benchmarking utility. Login VSI measures the performance and scalability of Virtual Desktop Infrastructures (VDI) and Server Based Computing (SBC) environments by simulating unique user workloads. Eventually developed as a free tool by Login Consultants to benchmark systems for use with Project Virtual Reality Check, Login VSI evolved into a company of its own and has become a commonly used benchmarking tool used by different vendors nowadays. Login VSI is provided for free as an Express Edition, there is also a Pro edition which is supported by Login VSI.
Version 3.7 adds support for Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Office 2012 and Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
New features in Login VSI Pro 3.7 and Login VSI Express 3.7:
- Microsoft Windows 8 support
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 support
- Microsoft Office 2013 support
- Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure support
- re-configured language profiles for English, Japanese, German and Dutch
- Core workload extended with timers, allowing custom workloads to be analyzed in more detail
New features in Login VSI Express 3.7 (already available in Login VSI Pro 3.x):
- Non-English Microsoft Windows OS support
- Non-English Microsoft Office support