HP has released a paper titled:"HP Client Virtualization SMB Reference Architecture for Windows Server 2012", the paper which contains 12 pages details a reference architecture for a Windows Server 2012 based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) running on top of a HP Proliant DL380p Gen8 Server.
Testing was done using the Login Virtual Session Indexer (VSI) toolkit, using the medium user workload profile.
The paper covers the following topics:
- The HP and Microsoft VDI solution
- Endpoint devices
- Solution Software
- Performance testing software
- Initial scalability tests
- Recommended reference architecture tests
- Reference architecture bill of materials