Now that Windows Server 2012 is available for download, hardware vendors are announcing on which hardware they are going to support the new OS coming from Microsoft. HP has released a whitepaper titled: Implementing Microsoft Windows Server 2012 on HP ProLiant Servers. The paper which contains 13 pages provides guidelines on installing Microsoft Windows Server 2012 on supported ProLiant models.
The paper addresses the following topics:
- Recommended system configurations
- Supported HP ProLiant Servers
- Supported ProLiant server platform options
- Storage options
- Software and drivers
- Procedures for a new installation
- Known issues and workarounds
Drivers and software for all ProLiant servers are provided by a so called Windows Server 2012 Supplement for Service Pack for ProLiant, which can be downloaded from the HP FTP site.