Symantec Workspace Virtualization and Workspace Streaming are applications created to improve management and control over endpoints and VDI, based on Microsoft Windows, allowing to help the companies entering the growing trend of BYOD (bring your own device).
The final release, which will be available end of 2012, will include several new features such as:
- Symantec Workspace Apps – Introduces support for virtual apps and app settings located anywhere.For the first time, SWS/SWV provides the ability to locate virtual app settings ‘off-box’.
- Symantec Workspace App Manager – A new end-user tool to manage provisioned applications
- New installers – Simple install with the ability to easily scale in a large organization
- New streaming console – Easier to navigate and includes the ability to configure application dependencies
- Updated Virtual Composer – Better workflow for packaging applications, includes an automatic exclude finder, and includes single-click definitions for 40+ apps
- Support for Microsoft Windows 8c Workspace Streaming.