Today Veeam Software announced the general availability of Veeam Backup Free Edition, the successor of its free backup tool FastSCPTM, in conjunction with the release of version 6.1 of its disaster recovery solution, Backup & Replication.
- VeeamZIP™: Ad-hoc backup of a running VM for operational, archival or portability purposes. For example, admins can now back up a VM before applying patches, create an archive copy of a VM, or copy a VM to a remote test lab—without powering off the production VM.
- Instant File-Level Recovery: Restore individual guest files directly from an image-level backup.
- File Manager: Easily manage VM and host files.
- Quick Migration for VMware: Migrate a running VM to any host or datastore—even if you don’t use clusters or shared storage.
Regarding Veeam Backup & Replication, release 6.1 introduces the following new capabilities:
- vPower® and Instant VM Recovery for Hyper-V: Enables IT to boot and run a VM directly from a compressed, deduped backup file, in a matter of minutes, so business can continue undisrupted during the restore of the VM back into the production environment.
- SCVMM 2012 Support: Extends support for System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 to System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager. SCVMM support streamlines discovery and ensures protection of VMs managed by SCVMM.
- Updated UI and Additional Enhancements: Designed based on user requests and Veeam R&D innovation. The updated UI is an evolution, not a complete re-design. Current users will still be able to use all of their existing jobs, settings and the workflow for the wizards has not changed.
Veeam Backup & Replication 6.1 is available now. North American pricing (MSRP) is $1,099 USD per CPU socket for Enterprise Edition and $699 USD for Standard Edition. For more information, or to download a free 30-day trial, visit:http://www.veeam.com/vm-backup-recovery-replication-software.html.