Microsoft announced this week the new Beta version of its capacity planning tool Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) 7.0 Beta.
The Beta program opened on May 15th and the review period will run through July 5th.
To download the beta materials on Connect follow this link: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=219165
To join the beta review program follow this link: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=171065
The new features introduced in version 7.0 include Windows Server 2012 Beta readiness assessment, VDI readiness assessment and the ability to plan for virtualization assessment of Linux server.
MAP 7.0 supports SQL Server 2012 discovery and migration planning and, along with Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter, simplifies the migration of VMware virtual machine to Hyper-V.
Key features and benefits of MAP 7.0 Beta help you:
- Understand your readiness to deploy Windows in your environment with hardware and device readiness assessments
- Determine Windows Server 2012 Beta readiness
- Investigate how Windows Server and System Center can manage your heterogeneous environment through VMware migration and Linux server virtualization assessments
- Size your desktop virtualization needs for both Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and session-based virtualization using Remote Desktop Services
- Ready your information platform for the cloud with the SQL Server 2012 discovery and migration assessment
- Evaluate your licensing needs with usage tracking for Lync 2010, active users and devices, SQL Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 Beta