Teradici is the developer of the PC-over-IP (PCoIP) remote desktop protocol, which is leveraged in software (by VMware view) and provided with Teradici hardware solutions which are OEM’ed by several vendors. Teradici announced the release of firmware version 3.5.0. for its PCoIP zero client devices and version 1.7 of it’s Management Console which it announced in April last year, providing USB peripheral, login and security enhancements.
PCoIP firmware release 3.5.0 provides the following new features:
- USB 2.0 support with VMware View Sessions
- Support for combining PCoIP clients with VMware view and Imprivata OneSign Virtual Desktop Access.
- 802.1X Network Authentication, using EAP-TLS certificate-based authentication
- IPv6 Support
- Help Desk mode, allowing administrators to enable a login screen link which allows users to log into a particular VM of the administrators choice
- Support for up to 25 View Connection Server addresses
- Support for fast Ethernet over optical fibre (100BASE-FX)