VMware has updated its View client for the iPad to version 1.2, introducing support for iOS 5 and Airplay. The View client can be used to connect to connect to a Windows Virtual Desktop running on top of VMware View, the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solution from VMware.
The product provides the following new features:
- Optimized for VMware View 5 with improved performance
- Support for iOS 5 including AirPlay
- Presentation Mode for use with external display and AirPlay
- Embedded RSA soft token simplifies login to desktop
- Background tasking to move between Windows and iOS apps
- Updated look and feel
- Integrated online help
- Buffered text input for multibyte text entry
- Now in French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Bug fixes
Thanks to Eric Sloof for providing the news.