VKernel has announced version 4.0 of its vOperations Suite. vOperations is a suite of products providing Performance Analysis, Capacity Management, Resource Optimization, Reporting and Chargeback functionality for VMware and Hyper-V environments. Support for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) which VKernel announced earlier this month will be added in Q4 this year.
vOperations Suite 4 provides the following new functionality:
- Support for Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V
- vOperations Suite is now provided as a VMDK (vSphere) or VHD (Hyper-V)
- vSCOPE visualization engine providing a holistic view across data centers and hypervisors.
- Smart Business Views which builds collections of virtual machines into views based on naming conventions, cluster membership, creation date or any other of 10 VM attributes.
- Virtualization Cost Index (vCI), which identifies expensive VMs
- Configurable Dashboards on a per user basis
- 64-Bit appliance support
- Advanced Chargeback Support – VMs can be priced with a single fixed cost and variable pricing can be created by business view.