Virtual Computer has released version 4 of its client hypervisor NxTop.
NxTop consists of two tiers, NxTop Client which is a Xen-based client hypervisor and NxTop Center, its centralized management component. It combines network-based storage with a stateless client-side hypervisor.
NxTop hypervisor is also available in a Workstation edition, which is a scaled down free version of the platform, including a centralized management solution, capped to a maximum of five managed computers.
NxTop 4 provides the following new features:
- New deployment option for hot-desking on stateless end-points providing near-native peformance using local execution while data is hosted on a storage array.
- VMware vSphere/ESXi and Citrix Xen Support for running the NXTop Management Servers
- Provision virtual Server instances on PC’s with NxTop Engine
- Remote Power Management policies
- Large scale enterprise installer for mass rollout
- Accelerated data encryption optimized for Intel® vPro enabled processors
- Single Sign-on
- Advanced management capabilities for shared computers in training rooms and classrooms