Veeam has announced the release of version 6.0 of its disaster recovery solution Backup & Replication. This version includes the support for Microsoft Hyper-V which the company already announced in May this year.
New functionalities include:
- New support for Windows Server Hyper-V and Microsoft Hyper-V Server within Veeam’s existing data protection infrastructure (one install and one console).
- Streamlining deployment and maintenance of remote office/branch office (ROBO) and large installations.
- Speeding up of backup, replication and restore over WANs.
- Accelerated replication by 10X by streamlining failover and providing real failback with delta sync.
- Delegated, web-based restore directly to the original virtual machine (VM), without requiring a direct network connection or in-guest agent.
General availability is expected for Q4 2011.