Beginning this week Quest announced the release of the first version of Foglight for Virtual Desktops, a monitoring application for Virtual Desktops. Although this is the first version, it is branded as version 5.6.0.
Foglight for Virtual Desktops provides visualisation and diagnostics for Quest vWorkspace 7.2 and 7.2 MR1 environments. It shows how the environment fits together – all the way from users, through brokers to the RD Session Hosts/Terminal Servers and hosted VM-based virtual desktops. And when issues occur, it provides insight into which users are impacted by that issue.
Foglight for Virtual Desktops provides the following features:
- Auto discovery of the Virtual Desktop environment,VMs, terminal server/RDSH farms, broker infrastructure etc..
- Performance overview using color coding and animations
- VDI User insight, giving insight into which users are logged into which VDIs, for how long and what their status is.
- Terminal Server User Resource Investigation
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager Integration, so that Foglight alerts can be forwarded to SCOM.