Citrix today announced the release of version 6.5 of its desktop and application virtualization platform XenApp.
This version provides the following new features:
- Instant App Access, by creating an ICA session immediately upon user log-in to Receiver reducing wait times for applications to application launch only. And by keeping ICA sessions active after closing last published application. Settings are configurable though.
- HDX enhancements for XenDesktop 5.5. are applicable allowing local Flash rendering over WAN connections
- Multi stream ICA, providing ICA traffice over up to four TCP/IP streams providing more granular control for Quality of Service (QoS) routing
- Enhanced desktop experience enabling support for themes, accessory apps and display of high-res wallpapers. Providing look and feel of a Windows 7 Desktop.
- Desktop Director now includes capability to assist users with application delivered by XenApp in addition to desktops delivered by XenDesktop
- The ability to create Controller of Worker roles in the XenApp Server farm, where workers sync less data resulting in fewer overall database transactions. Also providing improved process for joining a large numer of server to a XenApp farm.