VKernel has released version 3.5 of its vOperations Suite. vOperations is a suite of products providing Performance Analysis, Capacity Management, Resource Optimization, Reporting and Chargeback functionality for VMware environments. VKernel used to market the products in the suite separately, but decided to combine them recently. In the future, Vkernel is planning on expanding the suite to support Microsoft Hyper-V in the future, its currently already releasing products tailored for Hyper-V like Vkernel Chargeback with Hyper-V 2.6 which was released in March this year.
vOperations Suite 3.5 adds the following new features:
- VM slot reservation, providing the ability to reserve slots for to be deployed VMs which removes their resource needs from further modeling.
- Multi-VM Capacity Modeling, providing the possibility to model multiple VMs of different types sequentially in order to assess impacts to available VM slots, those models can be converted into reserved VMs
- Web-Based Report Access
- Reports can now be configured by Business View
- Calculation of overall latency, IOPS and throughput for each datastore and VM.
- Collection of network traffic and dropped traffic for both VMs and hosts from the network.