Oracle has released a maintenance update for their desktop virtualization solution VM VirtualBox, version 4.0.8. The update, which is considered a maintence release, is available for version 4.0 of VirtualBox which was released in December last year.
Among others fixes, this release introduces a fix for the bug on Mac hosts with i7 CPUs.
Some of the fixes from the changelog include:
- Fixed incompatibility with recent Mac OS X versions in 64-bit mode
- Fixed incompatibility with hosts with more than 16 cores
- Fixed painting corruptions on a second monitor in 64-bit mode
- Built-in services use the correct Ethernet addresses in Ethernet header and in ARP requests
- Fixed GNOME 3 rendering under Ubuntu 11.04 and Fedora 15
- Linux Additions: check whether gcc and make are installed before building kernel modules