VMware has updated its virtualization platform Workstation and Player and platform wrapper product ACE to build 385536. Besides fixing security issues and known problems this version adds support for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and Ubuntu 10.10 guest and host operating systems.
Some of the issues resolved in this version:
- Default main memory VA cache size has been be increased to 1000 MB and performance is improved.
- Workstation now shows all USB devices in the Removable Devices menu as long as they are connected to the first identified 16 USB controllers.
- Now you can capture and play video files that are greater than 1GB.
- The application vmware-modconfig UI could not start up in a KDE 4 session in a SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED) 11 environment.
- On Windows host systems that have more than 4GB of memory, Workstation sometimes crashed during cryptographic operations, for example, when performing disk encryption.
- VMware Tools upgrade could be started by a non-administrator user from the VMware Tools Control Panel in a Windows guest. In this release, only administrator users can start VMware Tools upgrade from the VMware Tools Control Panel.