In October last year, virtualization.info reported about VMware showing off vCenter, View and vCloud Request Manager iPad Clients. Now VMware has released its View client for the iPad, available via Apple iTunes. The client provides the ability to logon to a View desktop using the PC over IP (PCoIP) protocol over the LAN or WAN, for which the ability to access the View infrastructure over the WAN using PCoIP was enhanced in the 4.6 release of VMware View. (see this article from Brian Madden about the negative aspects)
The View client for the iPad provides the following functionality:
- Supports native iPad gestures for quick and easy navigation around your desktop.
- Onscreen trackpad for better mouse targeting
- Onscreen arrow keys for efficient text input
- Tightly integrated with the VMware View 4.6 release for simple setup and connectivity.
- Reconnect to your desktop by selecting from the recent desktop list.