A couple of weeks ago CiRBA released version 6.1 of its capacity planning tool for virtual infrastructures; Data Center Intelligence. This version is the follow-up of version 6.0 which was released in November last year. The tool supports Xen, IBM pSeries and zSeries and Oracle/Sun Zones and LDOMs.
Changes in this release include:
- Measurement of “fully loaded utilization” (UFL) for environments, determined by:
- Utilization requirements
- Operational & business policies
- Technical constraints
- UFL delivered via the Efficiency and Risk Dashboard
- Trending analysis
- Comparative views
- Efficiency & Risk Spectrum; showing where clusters, hosts and VMs are under-provisioned, optimally provisioned or over-provisioned
- Prescriptive answers as what to do to improve efficiency in the environment.