VMware has updated it Certified Design Expert (VCDX) certification to version 4. The VCDX certification was introduced in August 2008 for virtualization architects. The VCDX is the highest level of VMware certification available for design architects highly-skilled in VMware enterprise deployments and veteran professionals who want to validate and demonstrate their expertise in VMware virtual infrastructure.
Becoming a VCDX 4 can be achieved by:
- Become a VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 4
- Pass the VMware Certified Advanced Professional on vSphere 4 – Datacenter Administration (VCAP4-DCA) Exam
- Pass the VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Design (VCAP4-DCD) Exam
- Submit a VCDX4 Application that is accepted
- Successfully present and defend a VMware vSphere based virtual infrastructure design and implementation plan