Embotics has announced the release of version 3.7 of its VM lifecycle management solution V-Commander. This version is the follow up of version 3.6 which was released in August last year. Although support for Hyper-V was also announced at that time this version still doesn’t support it.
V-Commander now provides the following features: Configuration Management, Chargeback and IT Costing, Change Management, Lifecycle Management, Performance Management, Capacity Management and Self Service functionality.
New features include:
- Automated remediation of non-compliant VMs, driven by flexible user-defined business policies
- Framework integration with VMware’s vSphere infrastructure client through a plugin
- Integrated alerting
- V-Commander Launch in context
- Customizable Self-Service VM request forms
- Enhanced capacity and performance management capabilities, including new bottleneck and rightsizing reports
It’s interesting to note that Stephen Pollack, the founder and former CEO of Platespin, is back on the corporate website as a member of the Advisory board. In August 2009 virtualization.info reported about Pollack who disappeared from the website raising question whether or not he was still helping the company after he joined the advisory board in November 2008.