The Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG) has released a report titled: Lab Validation Report, Citrix XenServer, Complete, Cost-effective Data Center and Server Virtualization. The report which contains 20 pages documents hands-‐on testing of Citrix XenServer 5.6 with a focus on manageability, consolidation, and cost effectiveness. The following features were tested: Initial deployment, managebility, XenConvert, OVG Appliance Import, Dynamic Memory Control, Workload Balancing, XenServer HA and StorageLink with Site Recovery.
The report contains the following sections:
- Introduction, including a background of the report and an introduction to Citrix XenServer.
- ESG Lab Validation, detailing the Lab test bed, downloading and activating , consolidating and converting, operating and managing, availability and uptime and cost effectiveness of Citrix XenServer.
- ESG Lab Validation Highlights, detailing the most important outcome of the Lab Validation.
- Issues to consider, detailing some negative aspects of the solution.
- The bigger truth, where ESG confirms that Citrix XenServer can help to reduce costs, better use existing resources, reduce operational overhead, and enable the implementation of critical projects that might otherwise be delayed.