Microsoft has released a step-by-step guide titled: Deploying Microsoft RemoteFX on a Single Remote Desktop Virtualization Host Server Step-by-Step Guide. The step-by-step guide which contains 23 pages details the steps needed of setting up RemoteFX on a single Remote Desktop Virtualization Host server with a virtual desktop that is accessible by using Remote Desktop Connection (RDC).
The document uses 5 steps to configure the environment:
- Step 1: Setting up the Infrastructure
- Step 2: Configuring the Virtual Desktop
- Step 3: Installing and Configuring RemoteFX
- Step 4: Verifying the Functionality of RemoteFX-enabled Virtual Desktops
- Step 5: Conifguring RemoteFX for an Optimal Experience
At the end of the document some Frequently Asked Questions are covered.
"…Are multiple GPUs supported on a single RemoteFX server?
A maximum of 4 GPUs are supported on a single RemoteFX server. However, the GPUs must be identical. Installing multiple GPUs from different vendors on one RemoteFX server is not supported…"