Quest has made generally available version 6.5. of its monitoring tool for virtual infrastructures vFoglight. As reported by virtualization.info in March this year, this version now supports both Hyper-V and ESX. Support for XenServer is still expected as well.
This release of vFoglight will be part of the virtual infrastructure monitoring solutions suite together with vFoglight Storage 1.0, which was released in September and vFoglight Quickview, a free version of vFoglight announced in June this year which can manage a single vCenter server.
Other new features:
- Application monitoring support for Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange.
- Event Remediation – Administrators can view alarms and launch automated resolution workflows to speed mean-time-to-resolution for problems.
- User Perspectives – Provides administrators tailored views for understanding performance monitoring, capacity planning, chargeback, and more
- Administration – Empowers administrators to perform common VM tasks in the context of daily activities
- Enhanced FAQts – Provides additional factual information about the dynamic infrastructure.