This version includes the SureBackup functionality on which virtualization.info reported extensively in March this year.
Released as vPower technology the following new functionalities are provided:
- Instant VM Recovery, which lets you run a virtual machine (VM) from a compressed and deduplicated backup file.
- Universal Application-Item Recovery (U-AIR), provides object-level recovery from any virtualizated application or OS.
- SureBackup Recovery Verification, which provides validity verification for all your backups. By creating a VM in an isolated environment and running it directly from the backup file, it will start the VM, boot the OS and verify if everything is running normally
- On-Demand Sandbox, in which you can start VMs from a backup file in a sandboxed enviroment for testing, training or troubleshooting purposes.
- Instant File-Level Recovery, to recovery an entire VM or individual file from the same image-level backup, by mounting a point in time backup to the VM.
Other enhancements are related to:
- Guest File System indexing
- Application aware image processing
- Enterprise Manager
Pricing starts at $599 USD per socket for Standard Edition and $899 USD for Enterprise Edition.