A couple of weeks ago Veeam silently released a free edition of its reporting solution Reporter.
Reporter 4.0 was released in May, introducing a web GUI, change management reports and capacity planning reports.
The free edition lacks a few things:
- the capacity planning report pack
- the historical data for change management reports (it can only track the last 24 hours)
- the automatic generation and delivery of reports
- the access through Microsoft PowerShell
- the capability to access raw data through Microsoft Excel
- the capability to export full details about the virtual infrastructure through Microsoft Visio
- the capability to view data on multiple dashboards (only one is supported)
- the capability to publish data on multiple 3rd party dashboards (only one is supported)
Despite that, the free version still offers rich reports about the virtual infrastructure inventory, events, user access, storage capacity and configuration changes.