Yesterday Microsoft released the first version of a new free tool dubbed Application Virtualization Dashboard.
It packages together charts, gauges, and tables to track any App-V dataset in near-real time, so customers can monitor usage, health, and compliance of all their virtualized applications.
It supports both App-V 4.5 and 4.6, and offers the following capabilities:
- Actionable information out of the box. The dashboard comes with a wide range of valuable, built-in reports like top 5 applications used, top 5 users, applications never used, application usage for a specific user, system utilization, and many more.
- Near-real-time access to key information. The graphical dashboard lets customers view any App-V dataset in near-real time.
- Easy to build and configure. The dashboard’s wizard-based tools let customers easily create new dashboards in minutes.
- Easy to customize. The dashboard can easily be customized to meet the needs of different departments and other groups. Any data set in the Microsoft Application Virtualization database can be presented on the dashboard, in chart, gauge, and table formats.
- Flexible & interactive. Users can easily filter data and create ad hoc, custom views. Filters allow users to quickly drill down from high-level to more specific data