Eric Sloof at NTPRO.NL yesterday revealed that VMware is about to launch a new classroom course dubbed vSphere 4: Automation.
The training course should be fully focused on virtual infrastructure automation through PowerShell cmdlets offered by the VMware PowerCLI:
- Identify VMware vSphere PowerCLI cmdlets
- Identify how to obtain help with vSphere PowerCLI cmdlets
- Automate ESX/ESXi host storage and network configuration
- Automate virtual machine provisioning
- Automate virtual machine migration
- Automate cluster configuration
- Create reports with vSphere PowerCLI
While very interesting, it would be even better if a vSphere class about automation would also include extended training about the vCenter Orchestrator framework, mostly because it comes for free with all editions of vSphere.