At the beginning of this month VMware released the Update 4 for its management tier vCenter.
Yesterday the company also pushed the big update for the hypervisor itself.
The new Update 4 (build 153875) is available for both ESX 3.5 and ESXi and includes:
- support for Intel Xeon 5500 series CPUs (codename Nehalem)
- support for Novell SUSE Enterprise Linux 11 (both Server and Desktop, both 32bit and 64bit), Ubuntu 8.10 (both Server and Desktop, both 32bit and 64bit), Windows PE 2.0 as guest OSes
- support for new SATA Controllers (from PMC, Intel, CERC and HP)
- support for new NICs (from HP, NetXtreme and Intel, including the just announced ones with VT-c)
- support for new storage arrays (from Sun)
- support for new management agents (from Dell and HP)
- an enhanced VMXNET driver for Windows XP and 2003 (which will require the re-installation of VMware Tools)