Microsoft and Citrix agreed on who’s the guru in town when managing Hyper-V and XenServer hosts (tip: it’s Citrix) but this doesn’t seem to slow down the development of System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM).
Just two months after opening the public beta of Hyper-V 2.0, Microsoft is now launching the public beta of SCVMM 2008 R2.
This first beta build introduces the following features:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta Hyper-V host management
- Enhanced support for Clustered Shared Volume (CSV) and SAN migration into and out of clustered hosts (including support for multiple virtual machines per LUN by using CSV)
- Support for multiple LUNs per iSCSI target
- Support for host’s “Maintenance Mode”
- Support of disjoint domains
- Use of defined port groups with VMware vCenter
Enroll for the beta program here.