Almost silently VMware just released the third major release of its virtual lab automation solution: Lab Manager.
The new version (build 2056) offers some interesting features like:
- Full integration with VirtualCenter (LabManager can handle DRS, VMotion and HA / VirtualCenter can deploy LabManager agents)
- Availability of new user groups (Organizations) to share resources
- Availability of custom user roles
- Capability to move virtual machines between datastores
- Support for OpenLDAP
- Support for virtual machines with multiple virtual NICs attached to multiple physical/virtual networks
Lab Manager 3.0 already supports and integrates with the new VMware Infrastructure 3.5 Update 2.
Download a trial here.
The virtualization.info Virtualization Industry Roadmap has been updated accordingly.