The second version of VMware’s product for Apple market is near completion as the company release the beta 2 build (107508).
This new beta has a load of new features like:
- Unity 2.0 (guest OS files, URLs and folders can be opened by the applications on the host)
- AutoProtect (automated backup for the virtual machine through recursive snapshots)
- VMrun (command line for VMs scripting)
- Support for multiple snapshots
- Experimental support for up to 4 virtual CPUs per VM
- Experimental support for Mac OS X 10.5 Server as guest OS
To show these new features VMware published a series of videos here.
Enroll for the beta program here.