The recent deal to integrate Citrix XenServer with ProLiant servers user interface must be not enough for HP (or maybe it’s VMware the unsatisfied one).
Today the OEM vendor announced an agreement with VMware to deliver a wide range of virtualization-aware products:
- HP Business Availability Center
- HP Operations Center
- HP Network Management Center
- HP Discovery and Dependency Mapping
- HP Universal CMDB
- HP Server Automation Center
- HP Client Automation
- HP Operations Orchestration
Additionally, HP will deliver a version of HP Insight Control Environment which integrates VMware Infrastructure 3 and other undisclosed automation tools.
This will certainly go much further than the current iVirtualization initiative to sell ProLiant machines with ESXi.