VMware has just released the first minor update for its connection broker Virtual Desktop Manager (VDM), acquired by Propero around April 2007.
The 2.1 version (build 596) introduces a number of new features including:
- Multiple sessions per user within a pool
- Pools spanning datastores in order to better manage resources
- VDM Configuration Backup (command-line only)
- Integrate MMR multimedia extensions DLL with VDM Client (Windows XP)
- Allow blocking of incoming RDP connections that are not from VDM Clients
- Allow end users to change password
- Allow end users to restart their VM
Download a trial here.
The virtualization.info Virtualization Industry Roadmap has been updated accordingly.