Last week CMP Channel revealed results of a virtualization survey conducted in November 2007 among North American VARs.
It exposes interesting informations like:
- Less than 23% of VARs currently resells virtualization technologies (769 interviewed)
- Only 11% of VARs plan to sell OS virtualization in the next 12 months (116 interviewed)
- Customers turn to virtualization mostly for server consolidation (72.4%) and disaster recovery (71.6%) (116 interviewed)
- Virtualization generated over 20% of VARs revenue in the last 12 months (41 interviewed)
- Lack of experience is the very first challenge (32.8%) in selling virtualization (116 interviewed)