After the unexpected launch of Hyper-V beta 1 in December, Microsoft is starting to produce massive amount of documentation to introduce its new hypervisor, with a peek expected in time for the Windows Server 2008 RTM launch in February.
An interesting resource is a free 2-hours online course, unfortunately still updated to the Hyper-V version included with Windows Server 2008 RC0.
The course includes following lessons:
- Introduction to Virtualization and Server Consolidation in Windows Server 2008
- Overview of Virtualization in Windows Server 2008
- Introduction to Server Consolidation on Windows Server 2008
- Virtualization Architecture and Management in Windows Server 2008
- Virtualization Architecture in Windows Server 2008
- Computer Migration with Windows Server Virtualization
- Managing the Virtual Environment
- Continuity and Availability Enhancements with Windows Server 2008
- Building Dynamic IT Environments
- Clustering and Backup in Virtual Environments
Enroll it here.