A VMware and PlateSpin partner released its own solution to simplify ESX Server deployment: V-Ployment.
It basically is a Windows application which accepts configuration files (in .CVS format) and returns a bootable ISO with a configuration script attached.
The script allows the booting environment to retrieve a full ESX Server image from a central repository, along with available patches, for unattended installation which automatically fills configuration options like:
- Disk Type & Disk Partitioning
- Root Password
- License Server
- Initial IP and DNS Configuration
- Time zone, language & keyboard settings
- NTP Configuration
- Load-Balancing of Fibre-Channel LUNs
- SysLog Server
- Login Security Banners
- COS Memory
- HP Agent installation & configuration
Download a trial here.