Xen reached the minor release 3.0.3 as planned in September, after being delayed from initial release date in July.
New features included are:
- a new easy-to-use CPU scheduler which includes weights, caps, and automatic SMP load-balancing
- support for Xen-oprofile to allow measurement and optimization of code paths
- greatly enhanced support for unmodified (“hvm”) guests including Windows and legacy Linux operating systems
- support for dynamic-allocation and copy-on-write disks
- packet segmentation offload in guests to improve network performance
- enhanced support for IA64 (IPF) systems and initial support for Power