Another player appears in the new segment of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) launched by VMware.
This time is Provision Networks which launches its Virtual Access Suite.
Among its features:
- Highly scalable broker service offering fine-grained, policy-driven VM pool management capabilities including VM creation, deletion, suspension, un-suspension, power-on, power-off, expiration, and access control
- Management and monitoring features including full-desktop and application publishing, VM status reporting, and session usage monitoring
- Fault management allowing users to be temporarily redirected to a free VM in the event that of a primary VM failure
- Fine-grained access control via Access Control Lists (ACL) and virtual channel policies
- Access infrastructure including a Web interface and SSL VPN
- Client connectivity options including RDP and RDP-over-SSL, and client device support including Windows, WinCE, Java, and PXE
- Extensive user experience and last-mile technologies including seamless windows, session sharing, Kerberos authentication, universal print driver, USB handheld redirection, and more
The virtualization.info Virtualization Industry Roadmap has been updated accordingly.