As expected vizioncore just released a new product to its offering, still focused on VMware ESX Server:
esxMigrator provides a powerful tool that can support the upgrade process from ESX Server to VI3, by enabling smooth and seamless migrations to the new platform with minimal downtime even for complex environments.
A GUI-driven management tool to help ease the migration process and enable companies to leverage the new efficiencies of VI3, esxMigrator completes the migration with minimal downtime. The existing production environment can still be used by the workforce, even as individual virtual machines are being replicated and ported to the new production server. During the migration process, the source virtual machine remains intact and unmodified. Because the source retains its integrity until the cutover to the new server is completed, administrators can leverage this feature to support roll-back contingency plans. The destination virtual machine is also migrated in a consistent state, keeping all data intact…
Among its features:
- Allows source virtual machines to be used continuously during migration process
- Keeps both source and destination virtual machines intact, supporting roll-back contingency plans
- Eliminates manual scripting
- Can be used by any level IT administrator
- Migrates multiple virtual machines
- Windows GUI-driven migration tool
- Reduces downtime to simple reboot
- Offers scheduling option to control timing of reboots
The virtualization.info Virtualization Industry Roadmap has been updated accordingly.