VMware just launched it’s last builld (22874) of its free server product called Server, introduced in February and replacing the well-known GSX Server.
The new beta 2 includes support for using VMware Server Console to connect to and configure GSX Server 3.0 installations (the opposite will not work) and introduces a special set of C APIs, going in addition to existing vmCOM APIs (for Windows hosts only) and vmPerl APIs:
- Connect / Disconnect to Host
- Find Items (virtual machines) on a host
- Create a shapshot of a VM and check how many snapshots there are
- Remove or revert to a snapshot
- Delete a VM from your host
- Open a virtual machine
- Power on, off, suspend or reset a VM
- Upgrade the virtual machine’s hardware
- Read out errors
Download it here.