Juergen Winkelmann (probably hearing me praying since months…) released an unofficial VMware Tools set for Workstation 5.5.1 and ESX Server 2.5.1.
The package has following features:
- enter and leave console window without CTRL-ALT
- copy and paste to and from console window
- connect and disconnect removable devices through the “Devices” tab of vmware-toolbox
- guest resizing through “Autofit Guest” and “Fit Guest Now” (only for Solaris 10 Update 1 (1/06) running on VMware WS 5.5.1)
- delivery of heartbeats and configuration information to the host system through vmware-guestd
Missing features are:
- shared folders (vmhgfs)
- high speed network adapter (vmxnet)
- memory management (vmmemctl)
Download them here.
If you are going to try this package you could find interesting my guide on How to install Sun Solaris 10 inside VMware Workstation 5.5.