Quoting from the PlateSpin official announcement:
PlateSpin Ltd. today announced the general availability of its next generation data center analysis and optimization solution.
PlateSpin PowerRecon 2.0 remotely collects a wealth of relevant hardware inventory data, resource utilization and workload statistics that create the foundation for one-time consolidation or continuous server optimization projects. It allows users to remotely identify what resources exist in the data center and presents a complete hardware, software and services inventory with absolutely no manual effort or disruptive agent technology required. When used in conjunction with PlateSpin PowerConvert, data center users and consultants can identify consolidation candidates, and perform fully automated migrations from a single product suite.
PowerRecon 2.0 features:
- identify under-utilized and over-utilized servers quickly and easily
- generate time-based graphs which include individual or combined server workload, allowing users to consolidate servers that have staggered workload characteristics
- visualize host and virtual machine hierarchies for Microsoft and VMware virtual platforms
- completely agentless architecture eliminates the need for software to be installed on any data center servers
- measure and analyze over 1,000 servers with minimal impact on network traffic
- completely new graphical interface provides users with highly effective visualization of workloads and resources
- customizable resource and workload reports for speedy capacity planning analysis
PlateSpin PowerRecon 2.0 is generally available today through our global partner network and is packaged on a per-use and on a per-server basis to offer our customers and service provider partners licenses that best fit their needs. Per-use pricing starts from $1 per day for each individual server. PlateSpin is also offering perpetual PowerRecon licenses and specially priced bundles when purchased together with PlateSpin PowerConvert.