The VMware MCT Program isn’t dead, even if not widely publicized. Few weeks after the Workstation 5.0 launch the Vmware team sent this email to known Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCT):
Recently we announced the availability of VMware Workstation 5, powerful desktop virtualization software for software developers/testers and IT professionals who want to streamline software development, testing and deployment in their enterprise.
Out of appreciation for your continued support of VMware, we would like to offer you a free upgrade to Workstation 5.
New features and enhancements in Workstation 5 include:
– Multiple snapshot and snapshot management capabilities
– Enhanced multi-tier configuration support (Teams feature)
– Support for selected 64-bit host OSs and 64-bit extended CPUs
– New 32-bit guest and host OS support
To get your free upgrade to Workstation 5, please do the following:
1. Go to the VMware web store at http://www.vmware.com/vmwarestore.
Under Workstation 5 Upgrades, click the “Upgrade Now” button.
2. Enter your current Workstation serial number- most likely; this will be the serial number you received when you were originally approved for a free VMware Workstation. Be sure to select that you would like the Electronic Download Distribution for the product. Click “Continue”, and proceed to checkout.
3. At checkout, enter your discount code XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX and click the “Update Cart” button to receive your free upgrade.
Please note that I masked the discount code cause I’m not sure if it’s individual. If I eventually discover that the code is unique I’ll update this post.
If any MCT is interested I strongly suggest you to wait till Workstation 5.5 is released.