After a very long beta testing period (IMHO larger than any other on Workstation product), VMware is approaching final release date for its most famous product: Workstation, arrived at 5.0 release.
The beta program remains open so everybody can now register and download Release Candidate 1.
The changelog reports:
– Updated wizard for Teams
– Templates to better support clones
– Enhanced command line interface
– Option to create ‘legacy’ virtual machines
– Debug mode disabled
– Localization support for Japanese
– Experimental support for Direct3D
This beta program seems very appreciated, and audience is so large that VMware website can’t actually handle huge request for downloading beta. I suggest you to wait few hours before trying to get the bits.