Quoting from official announcement:
Learn how to improve your existing backup and disaster recovery strategy, eliminating hardware issues and repetitive tasks through VMware virtual infrastructure.
If any of the following sounds familiar, you need to come to this seminar:
– You?ve never had a disaster, you run on hope: you simply run backup processes every week and hope that you?d be able to recover systems if disaster struck
– You?ve never tested recovery due to hardware limitations: you would love to test your systems, but coming up with that many servers is impossible
– Testing your recovery plans is a painful, manual process: your backup software has great intelligence, but to utilize it you need to first spend hours installing the operating system and backup agents on the systems to be recovered
– Any hardware failure is synonymous with ?days of downtime?: ordering the replacement hardware and getting it shipped takes days, and there is still only limited assurance of a 100% successful recovery
– VMware and partners will draw examples from leading companies who have implemented virtual infrastructure in their Disaster Recovery & Backup environments.
We will show you how to:
– Make your existing backup and recovery strategy faster and more foolproof by using Virtual Machines
– Make your recovery process faster, more reliable and easier to test by using templates and other advanced features of virtualization
We will explain:
– How virtualization software integrates with market leading backup packages
– How the return on investment of your disaster recovery solution improves with the addition of virtual infrastructure
We will give you:
– Examples of successful deployments in both large and smaller enterprises
– Step-by-step blueprints of how to deploy in your environment
– Together, we will demonstrate virtualized target recovery environments and show you how virtualization plays into backup and recovery solution.
Here the event details:
DATES: July 20 to 22, 2004
LOCATION: click here for a list of locations
AGENDA: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Presentation, Demonstration, Customer speaker, Q&A