Red Hat yesterday announced the release of version 3.2. of its cloud management software, CloudForms. CloudForms allows the management of hypervisors from Red Hat, VMware and Microsoft as well as Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform (RHELOSP) and Amazon EC2. Red Hat will make CloudForms 3.2 available to customers in June, and since the capabilities require the OpenStack Kilo capabilities, it will require Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform version 7 which will be released in a short timeframe as well.
This version has a focus on managing OpenStack using the Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform, mainly because its now also part of the Cloud Suite for Applications which Red Hat announced last Tuesday.
CloudForms 3.2 provides the following new functionality:
- Automated discovery
- Web-based console support
- Service catalog publishing and user dialog generation for OpenStack Orchestration (Heat) templates
- Deeper image and workload introspection capabilities with OpenStack Image Service (Glance) and OpenStack Compute (Nova) integration
- Improved capacity and utilization management through expanded OpenStack Telemetry (Ceilometer) integration
- Support for AWS Config Service
- Japanese Language Support
- IPv6 Support
- Integration with Red Hat Satellite 6 for improved bare-metal provisioning and management