VMware has released a paper titled: "VMware AlwaysOn Desktop Design Guide". The paper which contains 30 pages describes a high-availability solution for virtual desktops (VDI) and is based on View in VMware Horizon 6.
The design described in this guide can help organizations to build a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) for non-stop access to desktops hosted in the data center. The design covers streamlined application updates, enhanced data security, and mobile access for users. Two-factor authentication and hypervisor-based antivirus protection provide maximum security.
The paper contains the following sections:
- About, introduction and audience
- Business Case
- What is the AlwaysOn Desktop
- User Profiles
- AlwaysOn Desktop Lab Validation
- AlwaysOn Desktop Logical Architecture Overview
- Key Components of the Architecture
- Overview of Architecture
- Validation Results