Veeam today announced the release of version 8 of its Availability Suite. It combines the Veeam Backup & Replication version 8 product together with Veeam ONE version 8, where Backup & Replication provides backup, restore and replication capabilities and ONE provides monitoring, reporting and capacity planning for VMware and Hyper-V virtualization platforms.
Version 8 provides the following new and updated functionality:
- Backup from Storage Snapshots and Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots – now available for NetApp
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange
- EMC Data Domain Boost
- End-to-end encryption
- Replication enhancements
- Veeam Cloud Connect
- Backup I/O Control
- Self-restore portal for application owners
- 150+ additional enhancements
More information can be found in the Veeam Backup & Replication, What’s New in v8? and Veeam ONE, What’s New in v8 documents.