Yesterday October 23, Citrix announced its financial results for third quarter of fiscal year 2013, ended September 31, 2013.
Citrix announced a total revenue of $713 million, for an increase of 11% compared to Q3 2012
Net income registered a slight decrease with $77 million compared to 2012 where it was $78 million, but the diluted share is the same at $0.41, while Non-GAAP results raised from $128 million for Q3 2012 to $132 million for Q3 2013.
Citrix also informed that its Board of Directos repurchased up to an additional $500 million of its common stock.
In reviewing the results for the third quarter of fiscal year 2013, compared to the third quarter of fiscal year 2012:
- Product and license revenue increased 3 percent;
- Software as a service revenue increased 14 percent;
- Revenue from license updates and maintenance increased 16 percent;
- Professional services revenue, which is comprised of consulting, product training and certification, increased 9 percent;
- Net revenue increased in the EMEA region by 15 percent, increased in the Americas region by 9 percent and increased in the Pacific region by 7 percent;
- Deferred revenue totaled $1.27 billion as of September 30, 2013, compared to $1.05 billion as of September 30, 2012, an increase of 21%; and
- Cash flow from operations was $223 million for the third quarter of fiscal year 2013, compared with $181 million for the third quarter of fiscal year 2012.
- The company repurchased 0.8 million shares at an average price of $72.05.
During the third quarter of fiscal year 2013:
- GAAP gross margin was 83 percent and non-GAAP gross margin was 86 percent, excluding the effects of amortization of acquired product related intangible assets and stock-based compensation expense.
- GAAP operating margin was 12 percent and non-GAAP operating margin was 24 percent, excluding the effects of amortization of acquired intangible assets and stock-based compensation expense.