On October 24 Citrix announced its financial results for third quarter of fiscal 2012, ended September 30, 2012.
Q3 Financial SummaryIn reviewing the results from the third quarter of 2012, compared to the third quarter of 2011:
- Product and licenses revenue increased 1 percent;
- Software as a service revenue increased 18 percent;
- Revenue from license updates and maintenance increased 19 percent;
- Professional services revenue, which is comprised of consulting, product training and certification, increased 34 percent;
- Revenue increased in the EMEA region by 20 percent, increased in the Pacific region by 17 percent, and increased in the America’s region by 7 percent;
- Deferred revenue totaled $1.05 billion, compared to $834 million as of September 30, 2011;
- Cash flow from operations was $181 million, compared with $188 million in the third quarter of 2011;
- GAAP operating margin was 13 percent for the quarter and non-GAAP operating margin was 24 percent for the quarter, excluding the effects of amortization of acquired intangible assets and stock-based compensation expenses; and
- The company repurchased 1.0 million shares at an average price of $76.28.